5 Most Programming Languages and Paradigm to Hone in 2021
The programming language is basically a formal language that includes an array of instructions that are meant to produce various types of output. However, even though knowing what programming language may appear to be interesting and somewhat easy, honing technical skills associated with different programming languages may be quite a hassle. Moreover, according to several academic reports, students are urged continuously to master the ten most popular programming languages to be job-ready in 2021.
Now that you are an aspiring computer programmer, pursuing degree courses in computer science, take some time to read this blog and focus on the following programming languages to master this year.
Here you go!
1. Procedural Programming Language
Procedural language is a programming language that follows a particular set of commands. These programming languages are some of the most common language types that are widely used by script and software programmers around the world. Procedural languages are leveraged across various platforms, for different technical purposes and the likes.
Here are a few more insights you should develop regarding this particular programming language.
- Being one of the smartest programming languages, procedural platform uses functions, conditional statements, and variables to create programs.
- This allows the computing device to calculate and display the coveted output at the end of the day.
- One can harness the potential of programming editors or IDE such as Adobe Dreamweaver and Eclipse to create a program with the procedural programming type.
- To name a few examples of procedural programming, BASIC, C, Java, FORTRAN and Pascal get a special mention.
2. Functional Programming Language
In the academic stream of computer science, functional programming refers to thinking about software construction by creating pure functions. This is one of those computer programming languages that emphasise on expressing and declaring that executing statements.
Take a look here to delve deep into this context of the discussion and know more about this programming type.
- Take note of the fact that functional programming language focuses on results and not the process.
- Functional programming language lays stress on the concept of decomposing the problems into functions.
- In addition to it, the programming language does not support literation such as conditional statements and loop statements.
- Functional programming is entirely built on the concept of mathematical functions that utilises the application of conditional expressions and recursions to perform the needful calculations.
3. Object-Oriented Programming
Talking of the most popular programming concepts to be honed in 2021, object-oriented programming concept is certainly one of the most sought-after names in this context. This particular programming paradigm is said to be based on the concept of “objects”.
Here’s everything you should know in order to explore the bigger picture.
- Object-oriented programming is based on the fundamentals of creating objects that contain both data and functions.
- Object-oriented programming or OOP is said to be much faster and easier to execute, as compared to its other counterparts.
- This particular programming type possesses the ability to create fully reusable applications with shorter development time and lesser line of codes.
- OOP helps to keep the C++code DRY (Do Not Repeat Yourself), and makes the code easier to maintain, modify and debug seamlessly.
4. Java Programming Language
It goes without saying that Java is one of the most talked-about and useful programming languages, implemented across a wide array of key functional areas. Take a look at the following pointers and know more about the application, reach and potential of Java as a programming language.
- Java is a powerful, general-purpose programming language.
- It is mainly used to develop desktops and mobile applications, embedded systems and big data processing.
- As a matter of fact, Java, as a programming language, runs on 3 billion devices across the globe.
- This particular programming language has been designed for having lesser implementation dependencies.
- This makes the language much secure, faster and reliable in every aspect.
5. Ruby Programming Language
Ruby is unarguably one of the best programming languages that come with a similar syntax to that of other popular programming languages such as Java and C. In addition to this, here are a few more points that talk about the concept and application of Ruby.
- Ruby is mostly used for building web applications.
- It is said to be a general-purpose programming language, which is quite similar to Python.
- Also, this particular programming language offers other applications such as data analysis, proof of concepts, prototyping and more.
- Ruby is apparently easy to learn, given its clean and small attributes, the programming language is smart and flexible in every aspect.
- This programming language is written in C, which translates to assembly and machine language in order to translate 0s and 1s into something meaningful for computers to understand.
Now that you are aware of the most popular coding/programming languages to master this year, re-read this blog thoroughly, refer to the write-up more often and embrace a professionally rewarding career path ahead.
Stuck with Tricky Computer Programs?
Sign up with us for Personalised Assistance
Are you stuck with an overly complicated set of computer programs? Is there a stringent deadline adding up to the burden? Or in case, do you lack the right concepts and insights into the nitty-gritty of popular programming languages? No worries. HireaNerd is right, available round the clock to back you up with comprehensive programming assistance across each of the following languages and beyond.
All you need to do is nothing but get in touch with us during any time of the day, and place a query by specifying the academic assistance you want us to provide you with. We shall get onto it, and help you through all forms of programming hurdles on time.